Sunday, August 8

Writing Progress Update


I haven't posted since last weekend. I wished I could say it was because I was making so much progress on one or all of my WIPs. That I have edited chapters on No Shame, that I was further in my plot of Carlee and John's story, and that I was well under way of the idea/inciting incident for the Springtime Romance anthology I'm hoping to enter.

Unfortunately, I can't say all that. I'm still struggling to get in the groove of everything and I spent three days of not even turning on a single computer.

Yeah, I've done some more editing and added several more words on No Shame, but that's as far as my accomplishments have made it this week. Which reminds me, I need to update my word count widget-thingy's on my sidebar.

I think it's the anticipation of school starting that's got me all frazzled. Days of being able to actually concentrate, to work... ahhh, I can't wait. And between now and then, I'll just sputter my way through a few pages of edits at a time.

6 comments:

Raquel Byrnes said...

Oh my goodness, tell me about it! School time always throws me way off my writing game until I remember that I can write at night or during naps...just settling down with the new schedules is hard.

Happy Editing!

disgruntledwriterscircle said...

School, though much fun while in college, gets in the way of personal production and satisfaction.

But to look on the bright side of things, if you haven't turned your comp on in three days, your eyes won't be about ready to burn out like mine are... lol

Sangu said...

Nah you're not a bad writer! You just got sidetracked by the real world, which happens to all of us :-)

Jen said...

Getting sidetracked can often make you feel defeated but the point is that eventually you'll be ahead again and on cloud 9 while you give others support. Today is your turn, we support you and know you can do great!!

Keep your chin up :)

Suzie said...

@Raquel: It's the change that gets me. The first few weeks of summer I have to get used to the kiddos home, and then the last week of summer trying to get everything taken care of for school. I'll be so glad when school starts. Now I just wish my small town had a headstart program!! :)

@disgruntled: Yes, that's an up-side. Of course after I posted that blog I got to work on my edits and 5K later I got a vicious crick in my neck that is just now going away! LOL!

Suzie said...

@Sangu: You're such a doll!! Thank you for that! :)

@Jen: Ditto for you. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading your post! Thank you, thank you! :)