Wednesday, June 16

My First (and Second) Blogger Award!!!

Melissa @ Through the Looking Glass and Tessa @ Tessa's Blurb have been gracious and sweet enough to gift me with The Versatile Blogger award.





My first and second award all at once. ... wait... does that mean I have to gift it to thirty people?? I don't think I even have that many followers yet! Oh, I know! I will gift one today and one at a later date! A plan.. I love it!

I've only had my blogger up for less then a month and I feel truly honored to be noticed by these two great woman, and by everyone who has read my blog, commented on it, and those who have chose to follow my blog.

So Thank You to Melissa and Tessa, and to all of you who have given me feedback on my posts or just stopped in to drop a line.

Okay... so... the rules of the award.

*sigh*... yes, yes I know. That dirty word - Rules. But in this case they actually seem to be quite fun!

Rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who think you are fantastic for whatever reason! (In no particular order...)
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.


7 THINGS:

I'm gonna get the first one out of the way for those of you who wish to laugh insistently at me can do so right off the bat. *clears throat*

1. I think Vanilla Ice is super sexy and yes, Cool as Ice is one of my favorite movies. Okay... goofy hair and horrible 90's rap clothes aside, who can not lust after that smile and those eyes?

Okay... You done laughing? Should I give you a few more minutes??

*shakes head* No, by all means. Get it out of your system.

Okay. Carrying on.

2. I'm a twilight fan - even though I think Edwards tends to be a little creepy and Bella is super co-dependent and perhaps even suicidal. I still find myself completely hooked on the books and I'm right there when the movies come to theaters.

3. My son will be going on his first date with a girl this weekend and all I can think is - I'm really not ready to be a grandma. Yeah, I know...it's just a date. Tell that to my brain....

4.I think the greatest thing you can do in this world is be yourself. And if yourself happens to be a bipolar, A.D.D aspiring author, then by all means. Be that. I know I enjoy it. :)

5. I believe in living by the Golden Rule... I also believe in An Eye for An Eye. And I can only turn the other cheek once. Then I'm outta cheeks except the one I then tell them they can kiss. :-)~

6. I'm a perfectionist. I hate not getting things right the first time. And I don't understand why this gene wasn't passed onto to ANY of my three children.

7. My brother is my hero. He's been there for me my whole life and, now - as an adult - I realize how much he truly protected me from, and I love him even more for it.

Now, on to the next step...

1.Katie @ Katie M. Stout
2. Elizabeth @ Elizabeth Mueller
3. Sangu @ Echoes of a Wayward Mind
4. Rashelle @ A No.2 pencil stat!
5.Kelsey @ Take My Hand...
6.Theresa @ Substitute Teacher's Sage
7.Angela @ Slushpile Slut
8. Olivia @ That Rebel with a Blog
9. Tara @ Feel of Something New
10. Amalia @ Good to Begin Well, Better To End Well

Well... as you can tell, I only have 10. There were others that I planned to give the award to either just received it (or already has) it on their blog. At any rate... now off to let everyone know!

11 comments:

Amalia T. said...

Congratulations on your award! And thanks so much for passing it on to me :)

Suzie said...

Thank you! And you're welcome.

I just finished passing the word along (I think I ended up giving some to people that had already received it... ah, the blogger world) but it didn't phase me getting it twice (actually, I felt complemented) so I'm hoping others feel that way!

Theresa Milstein said...

Congratulations on your first and second awards! And thanks for thinking of me.

I won't hold it against you for #1 and #2. I'd add that Bella is whiney and directionless. "I wanna be a vampire!" According to the blogging community, I'm in the minority.

RaShelle said...

Suzie - It's very sweet. Thanks a bunch.
Congrats to you too.
I must say you look fan-freakin-tastic. I can't believe you have a teenager going on a date. I thought you were in your 20's. Not kidding. I remember when the Vanilly Ice movie came out. At the time, my friends and I all thought it was cool. I'm over it now, but hey - just wait until you read what I liked. Then you can laugh your a** off at/with me. LOL
Thanks again. =D

Melissa said...

You have a (three?!?!?!) kid? You look so young! Wow, you have great aging genes. I'm a little jealous, I won't lie.

I'm a strong believer of an eye for an eye too. So strong that in my Book World, the judicial system is BASED on an eye for an eye. It is both fun and seriously problematic! (also tends to avoid too many crimes because if someone does something, they get it right back and then can't do anything about it by law because it's what they deserve).

I still like Twilight and I think Bella is whiny and hardly a real character at all and Edward is creepy. Didn't stop me from rooting for them or loving the series.

Hey! I'm bipolar, ADD, aspiring author too! Nice to meet you! *wink* I almost feel like I just joined a support group like AA or something.

elizabeth mueller said...

Congratulations on you award!!! How fun!! Congrats to those who won it, too! And thank you, Suzie, for thinking of me--you are such a sweetie! ((hugs))

Suzie said...

@Theresa: There's nothing wrong with being a minority for such a good reason! LOL!

@Rashelle & Melissa: You two ladies are going to have me strutting around the house for the next two days acting like I am in my 20's again! LOL! Seriously, though... Thank you. That's very sweet! *smiling like a fool*

@Rashelle: What can I say? I'm loyal to those that steal my heart. I still love him and that goofy movie. Oh... I can't wait to read you're blog! :)

@Melissa: Any entire book on the judicial system of "an eye for an eye"!! That's the kind of book I can sink my teeth into... uh, reading wise! LOL! I'd probably have zero characters left if I tried something like that! Just killing and moving onto to the next victim...er... character! :)

What is it, exactly, about Twilight that hooks us? The drive-in where I live is showing Eclipse on June 30th as soon as it turns midnight. I don't care how early I have to get there, I plan on seeing it THAT day!

Wow! Bipolar & ADD, how incredible is that? That might explain why I got such a huge kick out of your About Me section on your blog!! If you're a Gemini to boot then it's just gonna get scary! LOL!! We can get t-shirts made up... sayin BAA (Bipolar ADD Authors)... think we'll be lonely in that group. LOL! :)

@ Elizabeth: Thank you. And you, too, are very welcome! {{{{hugs}}}}

Kris & Kels said...

Thank you!!! Youre the best!! We really appreciate all the comments you left, they are so helpful!

<3 Kelsey Leigh

Slushpile Slut said...

Hey Suzie! Congrats on the Blog loving going round and Thanks so much for sharing with me. You rock!! Loving your blog hon!

Sangu said...

Congratulations on the award, and thank you so much for passing it on to me!

Olivia Herrell said...

Suzie, congratulations on your double award and thank you soo much for passing it on to me. This is my second award so we're neck in neck (hehe).

I just recently found you through Slushy's Title Blogfest, but am enjoying reading your posts. I, too, am a bit ADD. Vanilla Ice, hmm, all I can think of is Ice Ice Baby and I don't think that's him at all. Oops, showing my age.

I'm not a vampire fan and run screaming from anything smacking of Horror. I blame it on the Exorcist all those years ago. I did make it through the first 20 minutes or so of the 1st movie and wasn't impressed with B or E. Either. But, hey, someone's making millions...

Thanks for the link love, I'll go pass it on! Olivia