Monday, June 21

Home Away from Home: Critique_This_WIP



Last week I entered into Critique_This_WIP's contest to find new members for their critique group.

At least, I think it was last week. It's late, my eyes are heavy, and my brain isn't functioning as it should... it may have been longer, it may have been shorter. Not really sure.

At any rate, rambling-ness aside, I entered and was accepted.

Yay, me!!!!

That is part of the reason I've been a little MIA over this weekend. I'm seting up a twitter account, starting another facebook page and trying to work on my WIP as much as possible.

So, you can find me, as well as four other talented ladies, on the CTW blog. Just click the photo above and bookmark the blog.

All of this has made me realize... I need to reorganize my life to make this work. Some of you may have no trouble keeping up with two blogs, a twitter, and facebook accounts while still writing. But I know me. I like distractions. I love them. Must be the A.D.D in me... I don't know.

I have to stay on a pretty tight schedule. So, in the near future I may be doing what I've seen other blogs do and schedule certain days for certain types of posts. I've really grown fond of the "Teaser Tuesday", so that will likely end up as one of my days. As for the rest, I really don't know. I'll be posting at CTW one day a week, so I'll want to post on my blog on the other days. Until I get the schedule down my posts may be sporadic. Please bear with me until then.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter, though I'll be very boring until I get the hang of it. As soon as I have my facebook page completely set up I'll add it to my sidebar as well.

Okay, I think I covered it all. If not, I'll post a comment.

9 comments:

M. Bail said...

Hi Suzie - Welcome to CTW!!!

Don't worry about the Twitter and Facebook so much. I'm sporadic on both, too. I like to focus on the blogs and writing. Every now and then I hop over to Twitter and then go to facebook to see what everyone else is doing.

We're glad to have you as part of the group. I just don't want you to feel overwhelmed!

Renae said...

Congrats on CTW! I agree with your partner above. I focus on my blog and my writing. Twitter I am still figuring out.

Good Luck! I know it's overwhelming. Once school starts back up I'll have to be on a schedule myself.

Suzie said...

Thanks Margaret & Renae!

Courtney blessed me with some quick tips for Twitter, which I'm very grateful for! I'm sure in a short while I'll be in the swing of things. But I don't see me being a dedicated Twitter anytime real soon. Sporadic works for me! LOL

Melissa said...

OOOO Congratulations on CTW. I like my teaser tuesdays too. Only done it for two weeks but it's awesome and such fun! Plus than you get feedback on your work and that is always a bonus.

Olivia Herrell said...

Congratulations, Suzie, that's awesome!! I have so much work to do. I need to revamp my blog so that it's more writerly. Set up a different twitter account, etc. I'll check yours out to see what it is I should be doing. Thanks!

~Olivia

Tessa Conte said...

Hello Suzie! Fellow new CTW-member!

YAY US!!

*claps hands and twirls around exitedly*

Suzie said...

@Melissa: Thanks, girl!! I'm very hopeful!!! I'm pretty sure it was your blog that I seen the Teaser Tuesday's on. If I remember correctly you was talking about it being your second one. ;) Got any other fun things you do??? I'll borrow any idea for blog posts you (or any else) offers! LOL

@Olivia: Thank you! I don't know if looking at my Twitter will help you know what to do... maybe what NOT to do!! :) I looked on your blog for a "follow me" button but didn't find one. That's my lazy way right now. I'll try to do a name search for you in a bit.

@Tessa: Yay US!!! Congrats to you, as well!! It's so funny. I had a major Ooppsie in an email to Courtney and she was sweet enough not to correct me. I kept typing CTP instead of CTW!! It was after I read her next email I realized my mistake! Priceless. I felt like an iggit!!!

G.~ said...

Hi Suzie. Congrats on your acceptance. I look forward to hangin' out on your blog.

Courtney Reese said...

Bahaha! It made sense to me at the time, CTW/CTP ;-)

And congrats! You totally deserve a spot in out group. I just hope we can live up to your expectations =)

I feel you pain. Keeping up with all the different aspects of the group, writing, work, school, etc... it gets to be crazy. Just keep yourself a nice little schedule/to do list and (hopefully) you can keep up with everything. I mean, I don't have that good of luck with it because I'm always behind on something, but you might ;P